Located in historic downtown New Freedom, PA, The Hodle as it is now known, was built in 1883 and was originally known as The Colonial Hotel and Tavern. The building originally served as a hotel for the then thriving railroad industry and made New Freedom "the place to stay" in that time period.
Although no longer a hotel The Hodle continues to make New Freedom "the place to be." The building has had three owners over the years and was purchased by its current owner, Denis Bazuine, in 2000. The previous owner Norris Richard won the building from the original owner, J.A. Zeller in a poker game in the 1940's.
This week at The Hodle...